Fast forward: The recent emergence of the highly contagious Omicron variant and the impact in all communities, including symptoms and short-term illness among the fully vaccinated, has taken our country and the world by storm in these early days of 2022. Some members of the organizing committee [fully vaccinated] and their family members, have contracted the virus and are keenly aware of how infectious it is and that symptoms have persisted in some cases up to 10 days. Throughout our Nation, high infection rates and absences of staff due to sickness are impacting the operation of all public and private institutions and our patience and understanding will be required for a little while longer.
The Food Bank & Community Service Agencies serving our city of Hamilton continue to work tirelessly under tremendous strain and volunteer/staff shortages, helping those in need who have suffered loss and increased isolation during the pandemic. Although the pandemic will once again prevent us going door to door collecting food donations, we have the opportunity to channel the tremendous spirit of generosity that is the COMMUNITY OF ANCASTER through this campaign by making a tax deductible donation. The ACFD website www.ancasterfooddrive.ca provides the individual links to each of the Community Service Agencies and their respective donation pages.
We look forward to the time when we can gather together as one community, to share smiles and laughter, a warm embrace and the peace and fulfillment that comes from acts of kindness and service to others. Until that day, we invite you to pay it forward with an act of kindness by visiting our website www.ancasterfooddrive.ca in support of the 2022 Virtual 30th Anniversary of the Ancaster Community Food Drive.
ACFD Organizing Committee
1. Identify the Agency of choice from the list below, the date and amount of donation.
2. In the memo section of your cheque identify “ Ancaster Food Drive “ to alert the agency and have them record your donation accordingly.
3. Once the cheque is completed – place in an envelope with the Agency name and corresponding address as listed below to ensure that your donation is received at the appropriate agency office and processed.
4.The Agency will provide a donation receipt for tax purposes as applicable.
2. Good Venture Shepherd Centre c/o Brother Terrence 155 Cannon St. Hamilton, Ont. L8N 3R1
3. Hamilton Food Share 339 Barton St. Stoney Creek, Ontario L8E 2L2
4. Mission Services PO Box 368 196 Wentworth St. N L8L 7W2
5. Neighbour to Neighbour 28 Athens St. Hamilton, On. L9C 3K9
6. St Matthew’s House 414 Barton Street East. Hamilton. L8L 2Y3
7. The Salvation Army 80 Bay St. N. Hamilton, Ont. L8R 3N3
8. Wesley Urban Ministries 52 Catharine Street North Hamilton, ON L8R 1J1